This is the reading list for my talk, 'The Side Project Startup. I last gave this talk at DDD North 2 and it's slowly evolving every time I give it. If you're interested in side projects and starting your own small software business then this reading list is for you.
- The Lean Startup – Eric Ries
If you've not heard of the Lean Startup or you're not convinced, then you should read this book. If you are convinced, then the next two books on this list actually go into detail you can start using today.
- Start small stay small – Rob Walling
- Sell more software – Patrick McKenzie
- Running Lean – Ash Maurya
- Lean Analytics – Ash Maurya
- Traction – Gabriel Weinberg & Justin Mares
- Sofware by Rob - Author of 'Start small stay small' and owner of Drip and Hit Tail.
- Kalzumeus blog - Patrick McKenzie, Author of 'Sell more software' and creator of online software to make Bingo Cards and Appointment Reminder.
- The Lean Startup blog - Author of The Lean Startup
- On Startups
- A Smart Bear
- Steve Blank
- Single Founder